Monday, September 22, 2008

Cruising around the house!

Little Maylee Faith is now walking all over the place! It all started last Sunday when Spencer and I tried to get Maylee to walk between us. She had taken her first steps a couple of weeks before and could walk to us fine, but last Sunday she seemed to be digressing. So, when I took her on a walk later that day, while we rested in the shade at the cemetery, I tried to get her to walk to me as I backed away from her on the grass. She did really well and loved that she was actually going somewhere and not just practicing in our family room. I told Spence how well she'd done and then on Monday morning (a week ago today), when Maylee woke up she just started walking all around! We were so amazed! She'd gotten it figured out the day before and wanted to get around the house all by herself! She is so cute and loves that she can walk wherever she wants to go. She still topples over every so often, but is doing quite well for just starting a week ago!

There is only one thing Maylee loves more than walking... dancing with Dad! Spence turns on the theme song to Mission Impossible on our clavinova and he and Maylee dance it up! It is so cute to watch them and Maylee absolutely LOVES it! She runs around in a circle and laughs so hard! I'll have to take a picture when they do it next cause it is darling. They both fall to the floor exhausted when the song is done. Then, Maylee jumps up and goes to the piano to turn on the music again! She just can't get enough! Maylee loves to dance to any and all music (even if its just the background music to a commercial)! I won't be the least bit surprised if she chooses to become a dancer later on- it seems to be in her blood!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I am so glad to see you finally posted again! I've been waiting for this day... :)
How cute! You've got to catch those things on video and post them on your blog! She is just too cute. Wow, I can't believe she's big enough to be walking now!!

Heather said...

Yeah, Maylee! What a fun time. I think that Maylee's age is my favorite! I love it when they start learning so many great things! I would love to show you how to can peaches. It's actually pretty easy! If they come down for another game, I'll definitely come. I had a baby shower to go to while they were at the game, so I stayed back! Hope to see you guys this weekend!