Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mid-semester Retreat to Bucurest and Constanta, Romania

This last week we went on our mid-semester retreat with our whole group. We spent two days in Bucurest, the capitol of Romania and then 3 1/2 days in a port city called Constanta on the edge of the Black Sea. It was a much needed getaway and was fun to see other parts of Romania.
Our hostel in Bucurest. Jenae, one of the girls in our group had Maylee laughing SO hard- it was hilarious! Our group got to go to a fireside in Bucurest and listen to Elder Dallin H. Oaks.
We almost couldn't believe our eyes- a french fry vending machine in the Bucurest train station!! They actually were pretty tasty.
An old abandoned French casino on the beach front.
Beautiful Constanta- overlooking the Black Sea!
The beach here was unbelievable! It was actually just seashells- 3-4 feet deep in places.
We had such a fun day just searching for unbroken seashells. And Maylee had a blast sorting through the endless piles of shells. She kept grabbing handfuls and then letting them drop to the ground- over and over and over. I could've stayed there all day.

8 comments:

josh said...

what a great trip! i love the french fry vending machine. maylee is adorable as always.

cali

Kari said...

I love all the pictures!!!! Maylee is SOOO cute!!!! I love you guys!!!!

Marisa

Becky said...

I am LOVING your Romania updates! Keep them coming with lots of pic's guys! We miss you, and think of you often!

Kristi said...

How neat!! What a cool building on the beach! I love the picture of your family looking out at the water with that building behind you. Maylee is darling. Glad you're having such great adventures and staying safe.

Heather said...

What an awesome looking place! I'm glad you could get away and see some more of where you are! We love you guys! We need you to get home...Landon misses Maylee!

Holmes said...

The vending machine picture reminds me of some here, hot dogs, hot pockets.

Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures, Maylee
laughing so hard just makes me wish I was there, so cute!
All great pictures!

Keep being safe and healthy!
Love you so much! Mom

Unknown said...

all the pictures are so cute!! but i think that my favorite is the one with maylee laughing so hard! haha see you guys soon !!

Christie Baugh