Saturday, March 28, 2009

Photos of the Hospital project


Maylee testing out the rocking horse we bought to put in the hospital room. It definitely passed the test and I'm sure will be loved by many other children as well!
Just a sample of the many diapers we have on hand to take with us everyday when we go to volunteer at the children's hospital. We use them for the orphaned and abandoned children there.
Jessica, one of the artists in our group, did such an amazing job of painting the tables to inspire imagination and creativity in the children who will use them.
Spencer, Marie, and Jessica

Here is the finished product from the donated funds we received. Like usual, the pictures just don't do it justice. The room turned out so nice and will be used and enjoyed by countless children to come. None of this would have even been possible without your generosity.
Thank you!



8 comments:

Nancy said...

I love it! It feels good to be able to use money for something that will last longer than a diaper, though I realize how important the diapers are. I feel so sad when my little baby has a diaper rash. I'm sure it doesn't even compare to the ones the orphans get.

Kristi said...

That is wonderful!! IT looks so perfect for those children. Makes me wish I could be there helping build that playroom for those kids!

RoseAnna said...

That is so awesome Steph. I wish i could be there with you!!

Heather said...

Way to go! It looks great! What a neat project to take part in!

Mom said...

Good job you guys! It looks so great! I can imagine how much those children love having a room to go to that is just so fun!
Love you, Mom

Tara said...

The room looks awesome! It's been so fun to watch your blog and see the wonderful things you are doing in Romania. We will miss you when you return to the ward.

Kari said...

That's beautiful!!! I love it!!!
The room looks great!!! Good job!!

Marisa

Holmes said...

What a great thing you have done for the kids there! How much more time do you have there?