What a beautiful time of year this is and what beautiful fall weather we've had! Spencer and I have very much enjoyed having this whole week off of school (except Monday) - we were SO ready for a break and it has been wonderful so far! With such nice weather, we finally got our yard all ready for winter- we raked up all our leaves from the 7 or so huge cottonwood trees just on the other side of our back fence, then Spence sucked them all up with his new blower/chopper machine, and put them on our garden to be tilled in in April. And I finished planting all the tulip and iris bulbs for next spring. Even though we'll be in Romania when some of them bloom, we'll make it back in time for the others and we'll get to enjoy all of them the next spring with out having to do any more work next fall!
Maylee loved walking through all the leaves in our backyard and kicking them up and crawling through the piles that were too tall for her to walk through! She wanted to help rake them, but we only have one rake, so she was satisfied with a broom! : )
After our yard was all taken care of, we hit the house and cleaned it all up for Thanksgiving day. We hosted Thanksgiving this year with a few of the people we're going to Romania with. We had a nice time getting to know each other better and we had a very yummy feast! Our turkey and stuffing turned out so scrumptious- thankfully! That evening we spent a few hours visiting my Mom and Dad in Sandy. Maylee loved going to visit Grandma and Grandpa and showered them with hugs and kisses. I love Thanksgiving! I love sharing it with family and friends. I love the opportunity to reflect on all of our blessings and acknowledge God's hand in our lives. Spence carried on the Cooper family tradition and had all of us share what we were most grateful for this past year. I am most grateful this year for the love and support of family and friends, especially in getting ready for our internship in Romania and for Spencer's willingness to go to Romania on this crazy adventure as a family. What a wonderful husband I have- I love you Spence!
And then, yesterday, we ventured out to find the perfect Christmas tree! I was so excited as we drove home with it strapped to the top of our car, hoping it wouldn't slide right off. Spence was laughing at me for my child-like excitement for the holidays, but I reminded him how magical and beautiful I make his life! : ) I do love this time of year and feel the Spirit of Christmas so much this year! Then, to top off the day, we drove to Spanish Fork to the Festival of Lights there- oh, how beautiful and magical it was! The setting was perfect- a fountain in the middle of the pond, great big trees (evergreen and deciduous) all around, scattered with lit figurines celebrating Christmas and winter! We all enjoyed this outing very much! Maylee was so cute as she waved to all the animals and people all lit up. She was amazed with all the lights and music. Mom and Dad C.- we'll have to take you there when you come for Christmas! It was beautiful!
And, to continue this wonderful week, today we get to celebrate my 27th birthday! Wow! I definately don't feel as old as I used to think 27 was! I am grateful today for my parents and for the wonderful life I have enjoyed thus far- I am very blessed! To start the day off, Spence gave me a gorgeous celtic CD which we are listening to right now! I love celtic music! I don't know what lies in store for the rest of the day, but I'm sure it will be a very happy birthday- Spence always makes it wondeful!
Happy Holidays to our wonderful family and friends! We love you all so much!



5 comments:
Sounds like you had a FUN Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Birthday Stephi!!
Wow, lots of fun events! Sounds like a great week together as a family! Happy birthday!
I'm glad you had such a relaxing week! We missed you guys! We'll see you soon!
What a cute blog for such a cute family. Thanks for inviting me to see your blog. I love blogging because it's a quick easy way to keep in touch and see the kiddies grow up. By the way, Maylee is so darn cute. What a lucky family! Take care!
just found out thaty you guys had a blog too! That is sooooo awesome!!!!! love ya!
Marisa
Post a Comment