Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's almost time to head off...

We hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! What a truly special season!

We were hoping to be able to rent out our house just before we left for Romania, but we found a wonderful newly-wed couple who needed to move in on the 20th, so we have been staying with family since then. By the way, thanks to all who have let us stay in their homes- you are wonderful and we greatly appreciate your hospitality! We got to spend Christmas with Spencer's sister Heather and her family in Perry, as well as his brother Clark and his wife, Becky, and Mom and Dad Cooper. It sure was a fun Christmas together! Maylee has loved being with such fun family members and playing with so many new fun toys. The hit of Christmas for Maylee was a darling baby doll that Grandma and Grandpa C. gave to her. Maylee could hardly wait to get the baby out of the box to give it loves and kisses! Maylee is so loving and sweet and was SO happy to have a new baby! I love the magic that children bring to Christmas- the sparkle in their eyes, the anticipation and excitement, and the joy! What a special day we had.

And now, we're getting all the last minute things done we need to before we head off on our Romanian endeavor this week. It seems surreal right now that in a few short days we will be living in Europe and my dream of working in the orphanages of Romania will be coming true. Ever since my senior year of high school I have had this deep desire and longing to help in the orphanages, but not just any orphanage, just in Romania for some reason. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I know the Lord's hand has been in the making and fulfilling of this dream. It truly has been amazing to witness His hand in all of our preparations. Everything has just fallen into place as we have prayed and worked to get all ready. And now, the time has come to embark on this family adventure- the first of many yet to come, I feel. Thank you to all our friends and family who have helped and supported us in this endeavor- we are forever grateful for your love, support, and generosity. We will post as often as we can while there- hopefully at least once a week.

We love you all and wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!

Love,
Steph, Spencer, and Maylee

4 comments:

Kari said...

We are soooooooo exited that you guys are going to Romania, you will definately have a great time!!!!!!! We love you soooooooo much!!!!

Marisa

p.s. Tell Maylee to keep loving that babydoll!!!!

RoseAnna said...

Hey you guys, good luck on your adventure to Romania. Why are you going, for how long? You guys are so brave!! Best Wishes. Keep blogging so I can keep tabs on you!! Love you guys!

Alyssa said...

You are in Romania today and I wonder what your reaction to your new adventure is! I hope the best for both of you and Maylee and will be waiting to see some pictures of your adventure. I start the prep course today at 4 (hopefully it will go well:) take care

love
Alyssa Cook

Mrs. Cooper said...

RoseAnna- Hi! We've come to Romania to work in the orphanages and help the children here. We will be here for a semester. It has been quite an adventure so far!

Alyssa- Good luck with the prep class. I hope it goes well too. We wish you were here with us! Have fun getting to know your group and how lucky you are to get another semester of Romanian in!