Wow! We have officially been in Romania for one whole week! It feels like longer to me since so much has happened. We are all finally adjusted to the time change and are sleeping well. Maylee just has a little cough and runny nose still, but other than that she is happy as can be. She finally seems to understand that this apartment we live in is where we'll be for awhile and is getting more comfortable here. I mentioned before that Maylee wouldn't drink the milk here because it tastes different. Well, I thought that if we added a little chocolate drink mix she would be fooled- and, thankfully it worked! We gave her some last night and told her it was chocolate. When we were sitting in the bedroom getting ready for bed, she kept saying something that we couldn't make out. Pretty soon, I got it- I said, "More chocolate?" She pointed out the door and said, "Mo chocat!" She loves that stuff! Then, this morning, I asked her if she wanted some milk. She said, "No." But when I asked if she wanted some chocolate, she happily agreed! She is too cute! Now we just hope she'll make the switch back to regular milk once we get back to the States!
Spencer is feeling almost 100% better. He had a rough few days this week with fevers during the night and feeling really weak during the day. We are all very grateful to be healthy again! We are also very grateful and aware that the Lord is watching over us here. We definitely wouldn't have come if that weren't the case.
We went to our first Branch activity last night and met the members and missionaries. We got to learn a little bit of knitting and then we danced to some traditional Romanian music. I loved listening to their songs and seeing their simple, yet beautiful dances. I wish we had more traditional dancing in the States. The members here seem so wonderful. It's weird to be in another country where many of the members speak English quite well. It was not that way in Argentina. But it makes it nice to be able to ask them questions and learn how to say things in Romanian.
We just got home from Church and understood a little bit of the meetings. It helps to have a background in another Latin language. Romanian is really a beautiful language. The church is about a 10 minute walk from where we live. We meet in a rented home that is very nice and the Branch seems to fit well there. There aren't a whole lot of active members here. Not including the BYU students and the missionaries, there were about 4 men, 8 women, and 3 youth. I think some others were sick today and didn't come. But those who are there seem very strong in their testimonies and love to be there.
Well, Maylee's sleeping so I think I'll try to get a nap in too!
Love you all! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wow!!! Glad to see that you guys are having a wonderful time in Romania!!! We love you!!!!
Marisa
Just thinking about you guys today and finally checked your blog. Thanks for keeping us updated. It will be fun to hear from you and share in your experiences. We love you and continue to hope that all is well. Love David, Melanie, Caleb & Lily
PS We just found out this week that we will be having a BOY!!
Awe, they really need you guys in that little Branch. How lucky they are to have your good spirits in their Branch.
I got your message and when I got it, it was already midnight for you guys, I was tempted to call and wake you up, pay back. We'll try to touch base tomorrow. 7 hours difference is a lot!
Our church time is 1:00 -4:00 and
meetings before and after and Dad had a Stake Priesthood meeting also tonight.
I'm so happy you guys are finally all feeling well! Yeah!
We love you! Mom & Dad
This is THE BEST! It's so cool to have a spot where we can go to stay up on what you're doing in Romania. I'm so glad everyone is feeling healthy again. How can I contact you there? What e-mail/phone number can we use? I want my cub scouts to make a few little things for your orphanage.
We love you so much!
Kari
I love getting the updates. I can't even imagine how wonderful all of these adventures will be for your family. You are such an amazing couple. Love you guys!
Thanks for all of your support! We have such wonderful family and friends. You can e-mail us at steph.z.cooper@gmail.com.
Mel- Congratulations! Another boy, huh? How fun! I hope your pregnancy is going well. Are the kids excited for another baby?
Love ya!
Post a Comment